I found this DIY bracelet on Pinterest (I may or may not have a small addiction to Pinterest) and thought, I must try it myself. This cute bracelet was very simple to make and it took less than 30 minutes.
- A needle that can fit .30mm/.012in
- Clear illusion cord, .30mm/.012in (The color of the cord is your choice. I chose clear so that I didn’t have to do much hiding.)
- Satin ribbon 3/8in wide
1. Cut a piece of ribbon about 48″ long.
2. Eyeball the ribbon in to thirds. At the 2/3 point, make a knot in the ribbon.
3. Cut enough cord to loosely wrap around your wrist five or six times. Thread your cord on your needle. Tie a knot at the end of the cord.
4. Grab your ribbon and sew through the knot. Fold the ribbon and sew through the middle of the fold. Place a pearl on the needle and proceed to make another fold and sew through the middle of that fold.
5. Repeat fold and pearl process. You will have to push the ribbon and the pearls down on the cord throughout the process.
6. Continue until you reach your desired bracelet length.
7. To end the bracelet, cut the needle from the threaded cord. Make sure to leave enough room to work with the cord that is still on the bracelet. Take the two ends of the cord and tie three knots. (Use the knot similar to step 1 of tying your shoes.)
8. Then take the knotted end of the cord and the ribbon at tie a knot at the end of the bracelet. (This will be the same kind of knot you made in the beginning.)
9. Your bracelet is complete. Tie the bracelet ribbons into a bow on your wrist. (You may or may not need help with this part… I did.) Cut the ribbons to your desire length. Make sure your scissors are sharp enough to not leave the ribbon frayed.
Let me know how your bracelet turns out. Send me pics!