Labor Day weekend has arrived and that means the summer is coming to a close. Thankfully, there are still some things that you can do to enjoy the last of great weather, sun and summer offerings.
1. Warm days and cool nights won’t last for long. Get out and enjoy one a rooftop or patio in the area. Click here for a list of some rooftops in DC.
2. Today is the last of the Jazz in the Garden series. Listen to some smooth tunes while sipping on sangria.
3. There are certain things that are best in the summer, like tomatoes, corn, zucchini and watermelon. Here are a few recipes for you to indulge in the season’s best.
- Pasta with tomatoes, zucchini and herbs (Food & Wine)
- Honey-lime strawberries and whipped cream (Food & Wine)
- Warm corn chowder salad with bacon and cider vinegar (Food & Wine)
- Watermelon, feta and pork belly salad (yes, you can do without the pork and it still be great… but why? LOL) (Spoon Fork Bacon)
4. This is the perfect time to check out some end of the year sales. Stock up for the next year’s warmer months while stores are trying to get rid of their summer merchandise.
6. So summer is ending, but that means fall is beginning (my favorite season). New season means new beginning. It’s a great time to access the goals you made for the year. Are you on track? Are you where you want to be? If not, what can you adjust to help you reach your goal(s)? It’s not too late to get start or make changes, if you see areas of improvement. New seasons are a time of reflection. Take that time to reflect.
Make the most of these last days of great weather. Be outside and bask in the sunlight. Enjoy a mojito or summer sangria. Have fun and live it up. Anything else you can think of to enjoy the last of summer?
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: In celebration of six months of The High Life, Dyanna and I are hosting a social meetup!! Join us for some of Dyanna’s delicious cupcakes and drink specials* at 1920 DC. Details are below. Can’t wait to see you!!
* Happy Hour at 1920DC is from 4-7pm. The specialty drink, “Recess,” will be available until 8pm.