Ardeo + Bardeo, bbq, Ben's Chili Bowl, Ben's Next Door, Bourbon Steak, Cashion's Eat Place, DC food trucks, DC Po Boy Shop, DC restaurant week 2012, dc restaurant week extended, El Centro D. F., flip cup, Food Truck Fest, food trucks, Georgetown Harbour, Georgetown Waterfront, H Street, New Orleans cuisine, New Orleans Po Boy Shop, pig roast, rum cake, sangria, Sangria Sundays, Society Lounge, summer restaurant week, things to do on the weekend in DC, Zengo, zengo dc, Zengo Lunch Bar
For all the foodies out there like us, the DC foodie scene is pretty busy these days. And we are very happy about it! Below are a few things happening in the foodie world.
1. New Orleans Po Boy Shop is now open – You all know my love for all things New Orleans. (If not, check it out here and here.) So I am excited to try out and report back to you how the New Orleans Po Boy Shop is. Stay tuned…
2. This Sunday, August 19, Bourbon Steak is hosting their Porc Out pig roast. It’s a ticketed event ($50 for adults, $60 for food & beverages, $40 for kids under 15) with a buffet style dining of split roasted whole pig, grilled corn on the cob, jalepeno cheddar corn bread, a taco stand, an oyster bar, homemade ice cream and more.
3. As you know, Restaurant Week is still under way and set to end on Sunday. Some restaurants are extending, check out Wednesday’s post for dets. Two restaurants that I have to give kudos to for their Restaurant Week menus are Ardeo + Bardeo and El Centro D. F. Ardeo + Bardeo is offering their full menu to try with no supplemental charge. So basically you’re creating your own prix fixe menu! I love it! El Centro D. F. includes a beverage with their prix fixe dinner menu — for $35.12. Can’t beat that!
4. I’m a bit late in hearing about this one, but one of my favorite happy hour spots, Zengo, has a special menu called LunchBar. It’s designed for those who are taking lunch on the go. The menu includes sandwiches served with fries or a salad, noodle bowls and rice bowls, all at reasonable prices. Brightest Young Things has great pics and lists the full menu — check it out here.
5. Every Sunday in August (well the remaining ones), Cashion’s Eat Place offers some BBQ for you to enjoy. For $30, indulge in a three course meal and some blackberry punch.
6. Bisnow recently reported that one of DC’s staples, Ben’s Chili Bowl is expanding with a new location on H Street. Expected to be two floors with the bottom floor reflecting the style of Ben’s Chili Bowl and the upstairs floor inclusive of a roof deck, embracing the design of Ben’s Next Door. Can’t wait to check it out when finished.
7. All you food truck lovers, next Saturday, August 25th is Food Truck Fest. Your ticket pays for a day of food trucks, beverages, bands and the DC Karaoke Invitational. Doesn’t get much better than that!
8. Anyone up for a game of flip cup?? Whose’s up for the challenge? A flip cup tournament will be taking place at Mason Inn this Saturday, August 18th. Check it out here.
9. Another note for El Centro D. F. — Looking for a great way to end the weekend? Sangria Sundays sounds perfect! Enjoy dinner on the rooftop and 1/2 off carafes every Sunday.
10. Georgetown Waterfront’s restaurants are preparing to reopen after the flood damage last year. Georgetown Dish says that Tony & Joe’s and Nick’s Riverside Grill should open this week. While Farmers, Fishers and Bakers is set to open in the fall.
Georgetown Waterfront is also getting a new look after a $20 million investment from MRP Realty. There are plans for an ice rink that should be up and running by winter 2013. (Source: Georgetown Patch)
11. So we were probably the first to tell you about Society Lounge. Have you checked out their desserts recently?? Now available at Society Lounge is delicious, melt-in-your-mouth rum cake from The High Life’s own Dyanna!! Make sure you make a visit soon and order a slice! 🙂
Know of any other foodie events in the city? Let me know.