Ali Ro., Asos, BOSS Hugo Boss, Calvin Klein, Christian Louboutin, Cole Haan handbags, Endless.com, Essie, fashion, Fashion trends, Men's Style, Modcloth, Moyna clutches, Pour la Victorie, Robert Rodriguez dresses, Style advice, Style tips, Wedding attire, weddings, What to wear
In case your Facebook homepages and Twitter timelines have yet to be filled with albums and status updates, wedding season is in full swing. As invitations roll in and the wedding dates draw nearer, the question becomes: “what am I going to wear??”
While working as a stylist, about 60%ish of clients who came into the store in need of assistance, were looking for dresses/outfits to wear to a wedding. And the truth is, depending on the time of year, whether it’s inside or outside, semi-casual or formal, the task can seem daunting. However, that’s where I come in with a few tips to make this process just a little bit easier.
This past weekend I had the honor of attending a friend’s wedding in Ithaca, NY. The wedding had a black & yellow color scheme, with a reoccurring yet subtle penguin theme and was absolutely adorable!
*Major congrats to Mayra & Brad on their marriage!*
When planning out my outfit, I knew that the wedding would be semi-formal(as I feel most weddings are). That the weather would be a bit chilly, due to being upstate, I knew it was a day wedding and that a dance floor would be present so shoes comfortable enough to dance in were a must. With all of those details in tact I went to my closet and this is what I cam up with:
*Shoes from Calvin Klein. Dress Ali Ro. Black leather purse from Cole Haan. Lilacism by Essie nail polish*
Wedding attire quick tips:
* No white or cream!!! I’d hate for you to get death stares from the bride.
* Be sure to pay attention to any detailing in the invitation about suggested dress. This usually only appears if a ceremony is formal or black tie.
* Be mindful of whether the ceremony will be inside or outside.
* Where is the wedding taking place? The attire for a church wedding, will more than likely differ from a beach wedding.
* Be prepared! Pashmina scarves(for unexpectedly chilly wedding/reception locations), cute comfortable flats(to change into after a couple hours of dancing) and double sided tape are your friends!
* Spanx anyone? Now may be a great time to become acquainted with shapewear. Nothing ruins a great outfit like lumps, bumps & rolls where there shouldn’t be any.
* Keep it classy. No matter where or when the festivities take place, this is indeed someone’s wedding. Steer clear of styles that are too short, too tight or too revealing.
I also put together a couple looks that will hopefully inspire any of you all out there that may be attending a wedding soon and are stumped about what to wear!
Keeping it classy with a LittleBlackDress!:
Nola Singer “Dee Dee” earrings Endless.com
Ripple Affection strapless dress from Modcloth
Just Too Cute dress from Modcloth
Poppie Jones bow clutch DSW
Moyna beeded clutch CUSP
Luichiny Moo Lah platform pump Endless.com
More of a formal look:
The Local Muse dress Modcloth
Rafe New York Mizelle clutch Zappos
Nina Bridal Maeve vintage inspired chandelier earrings Endless.com
Christian Louboutin Pigalle pump Neiman Marcus
Now for a little fun:
Robert Rodriquez draped jersey dress The Outnet
Ted Baker London “Stitch Bow” skinny belt Nordstrom
Moyna beaded clutch Neiman Marcus
Geo triangle stud TopShop
Pour la Victorie Ilena platform sandal Endless.com
And for the fellas:
BOSS Hugo Boss ‘The James/Sharp’ suit
ASOS slim fit linen jacket & pant
ASOS Slim fit suit jacket & chinos in tobacco
BOSS Hugo Boss extra slim fit ‘Ryan/Win’ suit