Alexander McQueen, Elizabeth Banks, Eva Longoria, fashion, Fashion trends, Ginnifer Goodwin, Joshua Hutcherson, Kate Hudson, Kerry Washington, Kris Jenner, Lindsay Lohan, Marchesa, Martha Stewart, Michelle Obama, Naeem Khan, Nerd prom, Rachel Zoe, Rosario Dawson, White House Correspondents' Dinner 2012
On Saturday night, the annual White House Correspondents’ Dinner aka Nerd prom took place in Washington, DC. I’m not a fan of politics and you’ll probably never find posts on here about the topic. However, I couldn’t help but do a post highlighting the fashion hits & misses from Saturday’s affair!
1. This dress did absolutely nothing for Lindsay Lohan. The line that runs straight across her boobs? That huge hem? Lindsay could definitely have done better.
2. Rosario Dawson was showing a little too much cleavage for an event of this caliber. The shiny fabric and Peter Pan collar also helped land this dress in the ‘miss’ column.
3. I hate to say it but I wasn’t feeling this Little House on the Prairie look Rachel Zoe sported to the dinner. Neither the fit nor color do much for Rachel here.
4. Eva Longoria in Marchesa. Not a fan of the short length or jagged hemline on the skirt of this dress. I can’t exactly put my finger on what it is that I don’t like here but I’ve definitely seen Eva look better.
5. Martha Stewart, ironically also in Marchesa. This dress is wearing Martha and looks like a sack with beading on it. And the fringe on the sleeves? Simply adds insult to injury.
1. Elizabeth Banks looked smokin’ hot in this red gown. The fit was right, the color was right, 2 thumbs up for Elizabeth!
2. Ginnifer Goodwin was absolutely adorable in this H & M Dress. Yep, I said H & M. The dress debuted in select stores a couple weeks ago as a part of their Conscious Collection.
3. Sports Illustrated model Kate Upton, looked great in this flowy, ivory dress. Her Alexander McQueen clutch made a perfect accessory.
4. Kate Hudson in Jenny Packham. What woman doesn’t love sparkles?? I’m loving the purple here, the glitz and the silhouette. Didn’t Kate JUST have a baby less than a year ago?? Geez!
5. The 2nd Sports Illustrated model on the Hit List is Irina Shayk. She’s the only woman, aside from Diane Keaton, who dared to wear pants; and I must say she definitely pulled the look off!
1. Mama Kardashian aka Kris Jenner, held down the fort for the older ladies! She looks pretty awesome in this red gown.
2. Kerry Washington in Calvin Klein. Absolutely love this color on Kerry; however, this silhouette doesn’t do much at all to compliment her figure.
3. Love this dress on Nasim Pedrad! Hate the hair, or maybe I just hate the bangs. Either way, a more polished hair style probably would have worked better here.
Last but definitely not least, how amazing did the FLOTUS look?? I’m loving her hair here! She probably would have gone on the Hit List, however I was unable to find a picture showing her full Naeem Khan dress.
I’m sure you all noticed that there were no men on either list. That’s because they all played it pretty safe; black suits with either black ties or bow ties for the most part. I must say though that actor Josh Hutcherson aka Peeta from The Hunger Games, looked pretty debonair. A far cry from the dirty blond, baker’s son fighting for his life in the arena.
What do you all think? Do you agree or disagree with my lists here? Are there other celebs who should have shown up as a hit or miss?
*all photos were taken from huffingtonpost.com*